Time: 604 BC
Place: King's Palace
Scripture: Daniel 2:34-35; 44-45
What Smites the Image? The Stone
The Image & The Stone
- While you were watching, a stone was cut out, but not by human hands.
- It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them.
- Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer.
- The wind swept them away without leaving a trace.
But the Stone that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.
The Interpretation of The Image & The Stone
· In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people.
· It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
· This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.
In our previous article, we have seen the four successive worldly empires ruling the earth. These dominant world powers have come and gone just as God said they would.
Daniel 2:44 "And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed." This Kingdom that shall never be destroyed is the Messianic Kingdom, established by Yahweh God at the second coming of Jesus.
We are living in extraordinary times to this great climax for the final act of the Rock, cut not by human hands, destroying all the worldly empires.
Tomorrow, we will look at more spiritual principles so that we can see how all these apply to our lives.